Belfast International Airport is the busiest airport in Northern Ireland and second busiest in the whole of Ireland in terms of passenger numbers (around 4 million passengers in 2010) with Dublin Airport being the busiest.
The Airport has 4 main areas for parking: short stay, main stay, long stay and Park and Fly all controlled by the SkidataPay on Foot system and managed by Q Park. In 2010, APS also installed the new Drop Off/Pick Up zone at the Front terminal location as well as installing a high security perimeter using PAS68 rated anti terrorist static and automatic bollards.
Special Features integrated with Skidata Pay on Foot system
|Commend Intercom System switching CCTV images|
Intercom call switches CCTV server to give priority image to the call location on screen to give the car park operator a visual on the situation.
|Hands Free long range readers for shuttle buses|
Integrated with the Skidata system to allow drivers to drive safely around airport without need for pass card or ticket presentation to gain access.
|On Line Parking reservations system|
Reservations system is integrated with Skidata system to allow vehicle registration plates to be recognised at entry and exit barriers giving more convenience to customers
|Citysync Auto Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)|
- Currently located at Long Stay and Park and Fly to identify pre booked vehicles.
- Helps identify blacklisted vehicles and assist operator in resolving lost ticket transactions.
- Greater security offered to car park users.
|Fixed Payment at exit for Drop off /Pick Up Zone|
Helps traffic flow at a very busy location at Front Terminal by preventing overstays.
|Q Park Executive parking with Skidata contactless Key cards|
- Very quick and efficient data carrier for frequent users.
- Cards simply held up to columns and no insertion necessary allowing faster moving lanes.
- No wear and tear on column coding units
|On Line credit card clearing|
- Ticketless entry and exit to all car parks
- No need to queue up at Pay stations before exiting
Original Installation – 2001
Pay stations – 8
Entry lanes – 17
Exit lanes – 13
No of Parking Spaces – 8000 +
Click here to view all projects in the Airports sector